On this page:
13 December 2022
6 March – 27 April 2023
The draft Bass Coast Statement of Planning Policy (SPP) and all written submissions received were referred to the Distinctive Areas and Landscapes Standing Advisory Committee by the Minister for Planning on 26 October 2022.
The committee is asked to advise the minister whether the draft SPP:
- supports objectives of distinctive areas and landscapes legislation
- creates an appropriate framework for future use and development
- requires amendments to the structure or proposed planning controls.
Advisory committee members
- Kathy Mitchell AM (Chair)
- Alison McFarlane (Deputy Chair)
- Mandy Elliott
- Rebecca Finn
- Ian Hamm
- Natasha Reifschneider
- Jessica Tulloch
Learn more about the members by reading their biographies.
Public hearing details
The public hearing will start on Monday 6 March 2023. It will be held by both video conference, and in person. The venues for the hearing will be:
- Week 1: Wonthaggi Town Hall, Baillieu St East, Wonthaggi
- Weeks 2, 4, 5 and 8: 1 Spring Street, Melbourne, Hearing Room 1
- Week 6: Cape Paterson Life Saving Club, 15 Legge Way, Cape Paterson
- Week 7: Silverwater Resort, 17 Potters Hill Road, San Remo
- Week 3: 80 Collins Street, Melbourne, Level 6, North Tower.
The hearing will also be accessible by video conference using Zoom.
Use the details below to join online.
Join the hearing by video conference
Join by telephone
+61 3 7018 2005 Australia
Meeting ID: 82444613406#
Webinar passcode: 109689#
Terms of reference
Letter of referral
For more information about the Distinctive areas and landscapes program
Places and Precincts
Department of Environment, Land, Water and Planning
Accessibility and assistance
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired? Please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677 or www.relayservice.gov.au
Page last updated: 19/04/23