On this page:
2 March 2023
3 April – 2 May 2023
The panel to consider Planning Permit application PA1800406 for Mt Fyans Wind Farm was appointed on 13 February 2023.
The proposed Mt Fyans Wind Farm is located five kilometres north of Mortlake in the shire of Moyne. The Minister for Planning is the responsible authority for the application.
The permit proposal includes:
- 81 wind turbines with a maximum tip height of 200m
- an onsite substation
- an offsite substation
- an overhead 200kV transmission line on compact poles
- a 500kV transmission line from the off-site substation to the Mortlake Terminal Station
- road access works
- internal access tracks, hardstand areas and underground cables
- wind monitoring masts
- native vegetation removal.
- Tim Hellsten (Chair)
- Steve Blackley
- Kate Partenio
Learn more about the members by reading their biographies.
Public hearing details
The public hearing will start on Monday 3 April 2023. It will be held by both video conference, and in person on select days.
The venue for the hearing will be:
- Lady Bay Resort, 2 Pertobe Rd, Warrnambool VIC 3280
The hearing will be accessible by video conference using Zoom.
Letter of referral
To find out more about the proposal please visit the Mt Fyans Wind Farm website.
For information about the assessment and permit approval process, please contact the Development Approvals and Design Team in the Department of Transport and Planning by email at email@example.com.
Accessibility and assistance
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired? Please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677 or www.relayservice.gov.au
Page last updated: 20/03/23