On this page:
The Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Project Standing Inquiry and Advisory Committee was appointed by the Minister for Planning on 27 September 2022.
The committee will advise the minister on the proposed Victorian Murray floodplain restoration projects and their potential environmental effects.
The Victorian Murray Floodplain Restoration Projects are 9 discrete projects that aim to return a more natural inundation regime to the Murray River in Victoria to achieve specific ecological objectives. These projects are being implemented as part of Victoria’s obligations under the Murray Darling Basin Plan.
The 9 discrete projects are being assessed through 4 packages:
- a single environment effects statement covering both Hattah Lakes North floodplain restoration project and Belsar-Yungera floodplain restoration project
- a single environment effects statement covering both Lindsay Island floodplain restoration project and Wallpolla Island floodplain restoration project
- a single environment report covering Vinifera, Nyah and Burra Creek floodplain restoration projects
- a single environment report covering Gunbower National Park and Guttrum-Benwell Forests floodplain restoration projects.
Standing advisory committee members
- Sarah Carlisle (Lead Chair)
- Lisa Kendal (Co-Chair)
- Michael Kirsch (Co-Chair)
- Sarah Raso (Co-Chair)
- Nick Wimbush (Co-Chair)
- Michael Ballock
- Elissa Bell
- Sandra Brizga
- Peter Edwards
- Mandy Elliott
- Meredith Gibbs
- John Ginivan
- Ian Hamm
- John Hartigan
- Jessica Tulloch
- Michael Wheelahan
There are no current referrals.
Documents and completed referrals
Terms of reference
For more information about the Victorian Murray EES process
Impact Assessment Unit
(03) 8392 5475
Accessibility and assistance
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired? Please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677 or www.relayservice.gov.au
Page last updated: 19/01/24