On this page:
28 March 2022
13 May 2022
17 June 2022
26 July 2022 - 8 August 2022
12 October 2022
20 November 2023
The Beaufort Bypass Inquiry and Advisory Committee was appointed by the Minister for Planning on 3 April 2022.
The proposed Beaufort Bypass project is 11 kilometres of dual carriageway connecting 2 sections of the Western Highway to east and west of the Beaufort township.
Work will include:
- half diamond interchanges on either side of the Beaufort township at the eastern and western tie ins to the Western Highway
- full diamond interchange at Beaufort-Lexton Road
- one road-over-rail bridge across the Melbourne-Ararat line
- overpass structures which will bridge across the existing road network
- culverts and 2 small bridges over waterways
- 10 watercourse realignments.
The committee is asked to advise the minister on the Environment Effects Statement and draft Pyrenees planning scheme amendment C50pyrn, including:
- submissions received
- potential environmental effects
- measures to avoid, mitigate or manage the environmental effects
- conditions, controls and requirements that could form part of approval.
Inquiry and advisory committee members
The IAC comprises of the following members:
To read documents about the Environment Effects Statement for this project, see Beaufort Bypass Environment Effects Statement.
Terms of reference
Make a submission
Submissions are now closed.
Accessibility and assistance
Deaf, hearing or speech impaired? Please contact the National Relay Service on 133 677 or www.relayservice.gov.au
Page last updated: 24/11/23